Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Birthday Blessings

I have so many things to be thankful for on my birthday.  I don't even know where to begin.  As I turn 26, here are a few of the many blessings in my life:
  • My dear husband who has put so much effort and time into this day to make it as perfect as it can be.  He arranged a surprise birthday dinner with our friends at Ruby Tequila's, scheduled a day at the spa for me, purchased the most amazing cake ever made from Village Bakery, took time out of his day to bring me McDonald's for lunch, and he let me sleep in (he does this often, not only on my birthday)!
  • My beautiful little redhead, Adilyn, who is 19 months old.  She learned to say "Happy Birthday" recently and that has just made my day even more special that I am lucky enough to receive birthday wishes from my precious baby girl.
  • My friends and family who have sent a variety of different birthday wishes through cards, gifts, phone calls, etc.
  • My time...The Lord has blessed my husband with a job that provides for us and therefore allows me to stay home with Adi.  This time is so precious to me and such a blessing.  She is like a little sponge that soaks in so much and I feel blessed to be the one that gets to impress upon her the things that will shape her as she grows up.
  • My church family is another great blessing.  When we moved to Amarillo we knew nobody.  We found an amazing church which we call home now and we have met so many people who are some of our best friends.  I don't know where we would be without Hillside in our lives.  We both have gotten plugged in to different areas of the church so it is not just some place we go on Sunday mornings.
There are many other blessings in my life, but these are the ones I chose to focus on because they sum up my life and who I am today.  I can't wait to see in 5, 10, 20 years from now what this list looks like.  Even if it is not your birthday, what things do you consider blessings in your life?

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! What a sweet blog entry...very encouraging. Sounds like you guys are doing well!!! Adi is so cute!! Just thought I would let you know that I added you to my blog list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, krich, is Kara (Frazier)Richardson:)

    ReplyDelete