Monday, October 27, 2008

The Shack

For those of you who know me really well, you know that I don't particularly like to read.  If I have some free time, reading a book rarely crosses my mind.  Sad I know, but true!  Recently a good friend of ours let us borrow The Shack by William Young.  It is a fiction story created to answer the timeless question, "Where is God in a world so filled with unspeakable pain?"  (I got that from the back of the book.)  My husband and I read it at the same time so our sofa became a boxing ring to see who got the book at that moment of sitting and relaxation.  Usually when either one of us begins a book it takes like a month or longer for us to finish it.  This book only took about a week if that.  If you have not read this book, please seek to find a copy NOW!  It is an amazing book full of challenging thoughts.  I won't tell you anything about it because I don't want to ruin any part of your experience reading it.  I think my mind is still trying to work through some of the images created and it truly left me desiring the closeness of God.  A few questions that this book left me pondering:

1)  How many times in my life do I play God?
2)  Whose really in control?
3)  Is there forgiveness if there is still anger?
4)  What good purpose can God work out of this?
5)  Do I have a Great Sadness in my life and if I do what is it?
6)  Will we know our earthly family in heaven?

NOW GO READ IT AND BE A PART OF SOMETHING THAT WILL TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE!


3 comments:

  1. I read it in 2 days. A friend at work just told me to read it and I had no idea what it was about. Amazing. Loved it. Getting it for everyone at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's what i told Bradey last night...that I wanted to get that for Christmas gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comment. Yes, we are reading The Love Dare together and are loving it, even Brice. We are on day 4. What day are you on? GO see the movie!! It is great.

    ReplyDelete