Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Grace and mercy

Hello everyone.  This is my first ever blog entry.  I've never really felt compelled to share my thoughts and feelings with others in a blog, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  So....... here we go.

I need everyone's help.  Please pray for me to have the humility and strength to extend grace and mercy to my wife.  As you probably read in her most recent post, Tiffney recently confessed that she has been a fake for the last few years.  She led me to believe that she had given her heart to my beloved Red Raiders.  And I believed it - red and black Tech shirts, double-T tattoos on game day, getting her guns up, cheering "Go Tech", singing the fight song with me, hand gestures during the fight song, dressing Adi up in red and black........



How could she possibly do all those things, but, at the same time, be giving her heart to that force of evil that I have hated for so long?  Apparently Adi could sense the betrayal despite Tiffney's efforts to cover it all up.



I've always heard children have an innate sense of right and wrong.  How could I not see this coming?  This is going to take some time to really work through some deep issues.  

Tiffney, if your recent confession is honest and true, then I urge you......... stand up for what you believe in.  Start wearing your burnt orange.  Start singing the UT fight song.  Start doing the "Hook 'em" hand sign.  Jump on that bandwagon with the rest of the lost souls.  Feel free to show your true colors and display your love for UT.  

But...........  find somewhere else to sleep.  You can be a UT fan all you want, but not at my house.  I can only forgive so much, and you're pushing the limit with this one.  

So, Tiffney, the choice is yours.  Your wonderful, loving family or UT.  








OK. OK. OK.  I read over my post and realized it was a bit harsh.  I prayed for clarity and wisdom.  Tiffney, I forgive you.  You are welcome to stay.  I will try to look past this terrible decision you have made.  I still love you, but now I'm going to have to talk trash to you just like you are any other UT fan.  

I realized it could've been much, much worse.  At least you weren't a closet Aggie this entire time.  Thank goodness for that.  That would've warranted immediate removal from this house - no questions asked.

4 comments:

  1. Nice blog babe. I hope those of you who read this understand my husband's sense of humor. I honestly laughed out loud the entire time I was reading it. I knew it would get him fired up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell Bradey I give his post a big fat WHATEVER and that Texas Tech sucks! Haha...I'm totally kidding. So I just caught up on all of your posts. You're doing so good you little blogger you. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peek-a-boo....
    I found you!

    You know you LOVE tech. I don't even question this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I wonder if you will changer your blog name soon?????

    ReplyDelete