Friday, January 30, 2009

Who Would Have Thought...Vampire Books!?!

I have never considered myself a reader.  I have never really enjoyed diving into a great book and reading for hours and hours.   I remember being in grade school and reading Hank the Cowdog and Goosebumps.  I can remember when I first got married I read some of Dan Brown's books such as the DaVinci Code.  I have read a few books on marriage and parenting but that about sums up my library of completed books after 26 years of my life. Since I have been staying in Adi's room at night until she falls asleep, I had to find something to pass the time.  A few months ago, my friends were going on and on about Twilight and that book series about vampires.  I borrowed the first book from one of them and tried to start reading it.  Well I didn't get very far.  It sat in our living room for about a month or so after I had started it.  I decided to give it another shot and I took it with me into Adi's room one night to pass the time.  I am now finished with that after not being able to put it down.  I started the second one, New Moon, on Monday and I'm almost finished with it and ready for the third book.

This is a little embarrassing, but just to let you know how into these books I actually am, Bradey said I talked in my sleep the other night.  I was told that I said, "Are you really going to let him bite you 4 times in the same 
place?"  Bradey followed with, "What?  What did you just ask me?"  Of course my response was a jumble of mumbles.  I had no idea what I was saying but apparently my mind was still working on processing the events of that evening's reading.  I normally don't talk in my sleep.  I think I have maybe 3 times since we've been married and this last time is one of them.  

I have really enjoyed reading these past two weeks and it is something I think I want to continue doing.  I just have to find the right kind of books.  Apparently, I like action-packed stories that leave me on the edge of my seat waiting to see what happens next.  Love stories just aren't for me, even though this series is kind of a love story.  So, I will let you know when I finish the vampire series.  If you haven't read them already, you definitely should.  I can't wait to go see the movie Twilight.  

1 comment:

  1. You're so funny. I'll go see the movie with you if you want. Even though I've seen it 3 times already. ;)

    ReplyDelete