Sunday, November 1, 2009

TrIcK oR tReAt, SmElL mY fEeT...


GIVE ME SOMETHING GOOD TO EAT!

Another Halloween has come and gone and I absolutely can't believe this was Adi's 3rd year to experience Halloween festivities. Time goes by so fast!
Her first Halloween (2007) she was Nemo the fish! I know Nemo is a boy, but when I saw this costume, I just couldn't pass it up. We took her to St. Stephen UMC Fall Festival. Of course she couldn't do much at this point and had no idea what was going on around her. However, it was a fun beginning of a family tradition.
Her second Halloween (2008) she was a Squiggly Pig. For some odd reason people kept saying, "Oh look at that cute lamb!" Really??? Are lambs pink? Do they have a snout and curly tail? NO!!!!! Anyways, it was a cute costume and she looked adorable! We took her to SSUMC again and also to our church for their "Trunk-or-Treat" event. Nana and Granddad came up to Amarillo to join us and Adi had a blast with them while she got lots and lots of goodies.
And finally, her 3rd Halloween (2009) she was the prettiest princess of all! She got this 'Belle' princess dress at Disney World when we went last Christmas. Funny thing is, she has never seen the movie 'Beauty and the Beast' but she loves to dress up as a princess. The wig was my favorite part and I'm really not sure how I got her to keep it on.

This year was different because she had more knowledge of what Halloween was about and actually got to go 'Trick-or-Treating" with some of her friends. We still went to SSUMC and a couple of other festivals, but I think she had the most fun going door to door with her friends. I wasn't sure if she would actually say, "Trick-or-Treat" when strangers would open the door, but she did. Actually, she tried to go in a few of the houses to see their pets. She is a animal fanatic and when she saw that some had dogs or cats, she thought she should go and see them. So, we had to have a little chat about walking into strangers' homes.

When we returned home, we turned on our porch lights so she could hand out candy to some of the other trick-or-treaters. She had just as much fun handing out candy as she did getting it!

I love Halloween for some reason as a Mom. I enjoy finding her a cute costume and allowing her to experience the festivities that come along with Halloween. When I was little, I don't remember Halloween activities being a fun family tradition. I don't remember ever dressing up, carving pumpkins, or going to festivals. I'm sure I did, but it just wasn't a big deal to my family. So, I like creating family traditions that we can take part in each year. Hopefully, when Adi is older, she will remember these times of us as a family and also the memories she creates with friends.

I'm not sure who had more fun, me or her?!?!

Next year, we will have two little ones to dress up and experience all the fun!! Can't wait!



No comments:

Post a Comment